The adorable impression of your stones can be set enduring with the ideal care and management. Here are some Dos and Don’ts:
- Do clean surfaces with mild detergent or stone soap.
- Do thoroughly rinse and dry the surface with clean, clear water after washing.
- Do blot up spills immediately.
- Do protect floor surfaces with non-slip mats or area rugs and countertop surfaces with coasters, trivets, or placemats.
- Do not use sandpaper or cleaners containing grit or abrasives on natural stone surfaces.
- Don’t use products that contain lemon, vinegar, or other acids on natural stone surfaces. Rinse the surface thoroughly after washing with the soap solution and dry with a soft cloth. Change the rinse water frequently.
- Don’t use cleaners that contain acids such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners, or tub & tile cleaners.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleaners or soft cleaners.
- Don’t mix bleach and ammonia: this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas.